In this inaugural episode, Ariel and Avery discuss the show, their nerdy beginnings, booze consumption, and a common love: the tokusatsu series Kamen Rider Hibiki. Also, a Regret The Error for today’s show: During the drinking section of the show, I do in fact misidentify Scotch as the key alcohol in an Irish coffee. It is, of course, Irish whiskey. I shall make myself a proper Irish Coffee in penance.
Download Episode #1 – 1:02:32 – 52.7 MB.
Show Breakdown (Please note, here there be spoilers.)
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:07:25 – Queers with Beers – What is it?
- 0:13:14 – Alcohol! What we have, where we get it, US/Irish differences.
- 0:23:31 – Tokusatsu and Kamen Rider Hibiki. What is it and why do we love it?
- 0:50:37 – Kamen Rider Hibiki ‘s Second Half – The controversy over it, and our thoughts.
- 0:58:35 – Outro
- Kamen Rider Hibiki Wikipedia page
- Ohayo! musical number from Kamen Rider Hibiki
- The Kid Hates Books video
- Intro – Kiff’On, “Presse People”
- Interstitial Music – Kiff’On, “Funky Teuf”
- Geek Segment Intro – Kamen Rider Hibiki (composed by Toshihiko Sahashi), Kagayaki
- Geek Segment Outro – Akira Fuse, Shounen Yo!
- Outro – Kiff’On, “Kung-Fu Funk”
Comments, Questions, Crackpot Rants? Leave us a comment, or e-mail us at email@example.com