Welcome to Queers With Beers: Happy Hour! The Hour is a brief in-between podcast covering nerdy drinks for all different kinds of sources, both popular and obscure. For the very first Happy Hour, Avery will be covering drinks from one of his childhood loves, the Battletech universe.
Download Happy Hour, EP #1: Battletech – 0:11:53 – 10.9 MB
- 0:00:45 – Intro
- 0:02:41 – Fusionaire
- 0:06:21 – The PPC
Find recipes and links below the break.
- 3 oz vodka
- 1.5 oz peppermint schnapps
- 1.5 oz lemonade schnapps
- 1.5 oz rum
- 4.5 oz lemon juice
Served on the rocks.
The Particle projection cannon (or PPC)
Made with four shots of grain alcohol (80+ proof) and two shots of another alcohol, according to which Great House the drink is from. Especially popular on the gaming world of Solaris VII, it is first described in detail in Warrior: En Garde by Michael Stackpole.
- Davion adds bourbon
- Capellan March adds tequila
- Steiner adds peppermint schnapps (optional sprig of mint)
- Kurita adds sake
- Marik adds ouzo
- Liao adds plum wine
- Periphery States and Bandit Kingdoms drink the grain alcohol straight.
- The Battletech Wiki – For more information on the Battletech franchise.
- Intro/Outro – The Dead Rocks, “My Nurse Wanna Dance With Me”
- Intro Clip, Battletech Animation Opening
Have a suggestion for a drink I should make? Let me know in a comment, and I’ll be happy to add it to the menu!