Callout culture and indie games feature in this month’s episode of QWB.
Download Episode #3 – 0:36:19 – 33.2 MB
Show Breakdown (Please note, here there be spoilers.)
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:02:22 – What are we drinking?
- 0:07:23 – Queer Segment: Callout culture in online social justice circles – How is it harmful? How can it be reclaimed (or is it even worth reclaiming)?
- 0:23:51 – Nerdy segment: Setting in Gaming – What is the role of setting in shaping narrative? How can a game engage in pertinent political commentary (in particular, critiques of capitalism) without bogging down the player or losing its message?
- 0:32:18 – Outro
- Ta-Nehisi Coates, You Left Out the Part About… (On race in X-Men First: Class)
- Diandra Jurkic-Walls, Are You FOR REAL?
- s. e. smith, Internet: It’s Time Talk.
- Lisa Harney, The Culture of Internet Call Outs
- Race, Privilege, Identity gathering page
- The Cat and the Coup
- Great interview with The Cat and the Coup designer, Peter Brinson, on the the Experience Points Podcast.
- Intro – Kiff’On, “Presse People”
- Interstitial Music – Kiff’On, “Funky Teuf”
- Geek Segment Intro – Nine Inch Nails, Ghosts I – 9
- Geek Segment Outro – Nine Inch Nails, Ghosts IV – 36
- Outro – Kiff’On, “Kung-Fu Funk”